TC Electronic Polytune Clip - Tune Like a Boss, Silently and Quickly
- 268 words
- 2 min
If you don't want to lug around a bulky pedal tuner, and are looking for a clip-on tuner, here is a suggestion from Black Rain Sky.
The TC Electronic Polytune is a great clip-on tuner for live or studio work.
- Space saving: Super slim, narrow, sleek profile and lightweight.
- Rotation sensor: It's impossible to clip it on upside down. Whether you are left or right handed, or if you want your tuner on the front or back on the headstock, the device detects which way is up and corrects its display.
- Polyphonic tuning: Tune all your strings at once or individually.
- There is no "#" (Sharp) symbol. It instead uses a "." dot symbol which is easy to miss. You might think you've detuned to drop-D, but you may actually be in Drop-D# if you miss it.
- The LED screen is highly reflective. If you are playing during the day or with stage spotlighting, the reflection can sometimes make it difficult to see the LEDs, adding to the possibility of not seeing the "." (dot) displayed in lieu of a "#" (sharp) symbol.
Decision: Thumbs Up. The benefits far outweigh the shortcomings. Its slim profile takes up minimal room in your gear bag and it is responsive and simple to use. Let's hope the designers address the shortcomings to make it a top class clip-on tuner. (Yes, we emailed them about the suggested improvements).
Disclaimer: Black Rain Sky has no affiliation or endorsement agreement with TC Electronic.